Accenture, Baden Sports, F5, Holland America Line, Lyft, Nordstrom, REI, T-Mobile, Tommy Hilfiger, Walmart and The Walt Disney Company Latest Partners to Support 2018 USA Games in Seattle
SEATTLE – June 6, 2018 – The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games (SpecialOlympicsUSAGames.com) announced today new additions to its team of corporate partners. More than 4,000 Special Olympics athletes and coaches, along with tens of thousands of family members, volunteers and spectators, will gather in Seattle from July 1-6 for a week of special events and competition in 14 team and individual sports.
“The 2018 USA Games will be one of the largest and most significant events in the history of Seattle and its success will be due in part to the support of our corporate partners and our shared commitment to furthering the ideals of inclusion,” said Beth Knox, President and CEO of the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games. “With less than a month to go until the Opening Ceremony, these new corporate partners are helping us reach our fundraising goal while engaging their employees in a meaningful way.”
The newest partners to pledge their support for the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games are:
- Accenture, a leading global professional services company, is using its technology expertise to enhance functionality for the USA Games website, and to improve fan engagement with the website on mobile devices. Accenture is also the Official Sponsor of Gymnastics and a Presenting Sponsor of the Future of Inclusion Forum on Monday, July 2.
- Baden Sports is an Official Partner of the 2018 USA Games and will provide customized competition balls for use in basketball, bocce, flag football, softball, soccer and volleyball.
- F5, a leading provider of application delivery services, is also a Presenting Sponsor of the Future of Inclusion Forum.
- Holland America Line is the Presenting Sponsor of the 2018 USA Games Art Murals. Under the guidance of Seattle artist Catherine Mayer, Special Olympics athletes have created six murals which will be displayed across Greater Seattle throughout the month of June before they are displayed at the USA Games.
- Lyft is an Official Partner of the 2018 USA Games and will provide convenient and discounted transportation for the athletes, coaches and families attending the USA Games. Lyft riders can use discount code “USAGAMES” for 20% off two rides to any USA Games events and competitions.
- Nordstrom is the Presenting Sponsor of the Special Olympics Young Athletes Festival at the 2018 USA Games. Geared to all children ages 2 to 7, with and without intellectual disabilities, the Young Athletes Festival will introduce the next generation of Special Olympics athletes to basic sports skills while showing them first-hand the value of inclusion.
- REI is the Official Sponsor of Stand Up Paddle Board for the 2018 USA Games.
- T-Mobile is a Sponsor of Soccer and has established a text-to-give program in support of the 2018 USA Games. Wireless users can donate $10 to the USA Games by texting “USAGames” to 20222. The charge will appear on their next carrier bill (message and data rates may apply).
- Tommy Hilfiger is an Official Partner of the 2018 USA Games. Throughout the week, the company will showcase its new line of clothing, “Tommy Hilfiger Adaptive,” which is a lifestyle collection for adults and children incorporating inclusive design solutions that make getting dressed easy.
- Walmart is the Presenting Sponsor of the 2018 USA Games Family Program.
- The Walt Disney Company is the Presenting Sponsor of the 2018 USA Games Volunteer Program.
In addition, executives from The Walt Disney Company and Holland America Line, will compete alongside other executives, celebrities and Special Olympics athletes in the ESPN | Special Olympics Unified Sports Challenge on Sunday, July 1.
For a complete list of partners for the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games, please visit specialolympicsusagames.org/partners.
About the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will be held in Seattle, Washington July 1-6, 2018. More than 4,000 participants representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia, along with the support of tens of thousands of volunteers and spectators, will compete in 14 Olympic-type team and individual sports. The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will celebrate the Special Olympics movement and its 50th anniversary; promote the ideals of acceptance and inclusion through sport; and showcase athletes from throughout the U.S. and the abilities of people with intellectual disabilities. The 2018 USA Games will also highlight Special Olympics’ work in sport, education, health and community-building.
For more information on the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games, please visit SpecialOlympicsUSAGames.org and follow on Facebook (@SpecialOlympicsUSAGames), Twitter (@2018USAGames) and Instagram (@SpecialOlympicsUSAGames).
# # #
Jaymelina Esmele, 2018 Special Olympics USA Games